Friday, April 5, 2013

The constant stream of questions and ridiculousness running through my brain . . .

Will the plane ride go by quickly or painfully slow?  Will I suffer from the vertigo attacks I had when I traveled last to Japan?  Where the heck are my small shampoo bottles?  Will my boy be ok while I am gone?  Shouldn't I start to pack now at 3:49 pm???  I wonder if the money I am bringing will be enough.  Large faced new series US bills Teachers For Global Classrooms???  Do ya have any of those Winthrop Credit Union???  I hope my lesson plans were detailed enough.  Why won't Jenny stop singing that stupid Fievel song to me??  Is there such a thing as Mad Horse disease from eating that sort of meat?  Have I prepared well enough??  Will Skype work?  What time is it there right now???  I shall check for the millionth time if I have my cash.  What son?  You want to go swimming right now before I go?  Good lord.  Ok.  Passport!!!  Oh, yes, here it is again.  Are there going to be Oreos there?  How many pairs of shoes will this suitcase hold anyway?  What if I need brown and black ones???  Where are my mittens?  Those pics that the host posted two weeks ago show a lot of clothing and brisk temps.  Shall I leave my phone at home?  My wallet, where is it?  No boarding pass for me til I appear in person with documentation.  Right on.  Here's to safety of identity.  The spare key for Nicole!!  What time is that hardware store open til?  My phone keeps ringing.

1 comment:

  1. Erin this is going to be an extraordinary journey! I am so thrilled for you, bought you a journal but founf out you already had one. When you get back, we will get together, want to hear everything. You are an amazinf friend, person, woman......enjoy, learn, discover.......love you, Kristina

    ReplyDelete