Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Food O' The Day

 Food of the Day - Some of it eaten by me and some of it not.  The chocolate above - yes.  From the factory below.  You could buy about 3 pounds of chocolate candies for around 7-10 dollars, depending on choices you were making.
 We walked through a market during the evening.  The best time to buy of course is the morning.  We will return a different day - this time with my pal Kristi!!!!!!!


 Tons of dried fruits were for sale along with nuts and figs.
 This is Rhonda and she is smelling her gross soup that had mushrooms and meat.  Green meat.  She tried to tell me to taste a mushroom that was clearly meat just to screw with me.  She is my kind of person.   
 Rob is a vegetarian who isn't a vegetarian for this trip.  So he did what any non-vegetarian for a few weeks in Kazakhstan would do.  He ordered beef tongue on salad.  Ya.

This is April's order of duck.  

The fruit here looks like it is from Mars.  This is a gargantuon grape.  

 Veggie eats meat.  Take one.
 My dinner of mashed potatoes and fruit.


 This is my bill and money to pay it.  Kazakhs use Tenge.  Pronounced tengay. 

And of course, no matter where you go, there is always the grossest of food.  Including KFC and Burger King here in Almaty. 

3 comments:

  1. Now that we are in a Flat Global World we must remember KFC isn't what it used to be. KFC, Pizza Hut and Taco Bell are now owned by the YUM Corp.(a Chinese owned company). Therefore, KFC is no longer Americana.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Based on what people are eating on their trips, I will probably lose weight on my trip. I'll eat duck, but not any animals tongue.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I prefer to try to keep an open mind when trying foreign food. It is difficult to get past some of the items, but there were a few things I tried that were actually pretty good. Animal tongue wasn't bad and their horse meat tastes just like pot roast.

    ReplyDelete