Monday, April 8, 2013

Ok, Ok, I may have eaten horse today . . . .

But I do have to say, it was pretty good.  Very lean, very flavorful - it tasted to me, like pot roast.  It came on a bed of what looked like lasagne noodles.  We tried a variety of stuff at this Uzbek restaurant.  By this time, I was so tired, I was literally cross - eyed.  I jumped into a cab with some pals and we took off back for the hotel.  I went for a little swim and then for a Turkish sauna.  HOLY HOT!!!!  The steam was so extreme I instantly broke out into a sweat the moment I walked through that door.  They have a towel that I wasn't sure what to do with until I went in there and it became clear that I was to use it to assist me with breathing.   Then we would run out and jump into a tub full of cold water.  Then run back into the sauna.  Repeat 10 times.  It was relaxing and invigorating. 

Now I shall leave you with these pictures of what the dish looked like.  Oh, it had onions too.  It was tasty.   True story.






2 comments: